- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Name some devices in which electric motors are used.
An electric motor converts electrical energy into mechanical energy. When a conductor coil is placed in a magnetic field and a current is passed through the conductor coil then the coil starts rotating.
Usage of electric motors in our daily life:
In our modern life, the electric motor plays an important role. Some devices in which electric motors are used are listed below:
1. Fans 2. Grinders 3. Washing machines 4. Vacuum cleaners 5. Dishwashers 6. Computer printers 7. Fax machines 8. Video cassette recorders 9. Machine tools 10. Printing presses 11. Automobiles 12. Subway systems 13. Sewage treatment plants 14. Water pumping stations, etc.
Listed above are all devices and many other devices in which an electric motor is used. When power is supplied to these devices, the electric motor inside them starts rotating and we are able to do our desired work from these devices. These devices may not work if the electric motor is removed from all these devices or the motor inside these devices does not rotate. This shows the importance of electric motors in our modern life.
- Related Articles
- What is the principle of an electric motor? Name some of the devices in which electric motor are used.
- Types of Electric Motors Used in Industrial Electric Drives
- What are some rhetorical devices commonly used in English Literature?
- Name two metals which are used for making electric wires.
- Are electromagnets used in motors?
- What do CFCs stand for? Name some devices where CFCs are used. Why CFCs are considered as pollutants?
- Safety and Protective Devices Used in an Electric Elevator
- (a) How does an electromagnet differ from a permanent magnet?(b) Name two devices in which electromagnets are used and two devices where permanent magnets are used.
- Name some of the solar energy devices.
- Electromagnets are used in motors. True or False?
- Think of six activities that use electric current. Also, name the devices used to perform the activity.Example:
- Name two hand-operated devices used for spinning.
- Types of Motors Used in an Elevator (Elevator Motors)
- Name the petroleum product which is commonly used for electric generators.
- Name two electric devices for each where $(i)$. heating effect of current is used and $(ii)$. magnetic effect of current is used.