- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Name any three diseases transmitted through vectors.
Examples of diseases transmitted through vectors are dengue fever, malaria, and Lyme disease.
Vector is the pathogen that acts as a vehicle or transport medium to transmit infectious agents to other living organisms. The illnesses caused by vectors are called vector-borne diseases.
Vector-borne diseases are caused by the transmission of an infection to humans and other animals by blood-feeding anthropods such as mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas.
For example, Mosquitos are the vector of Chikungunya disease caused by Chikungunya virus (CHIKV), Dengue caused by Dengue virus (DENV), Zika fever caused by Zika virus, and Malaria caused by Plasmodium. Vectors are the anthropods that act as a host for viruses.]
- Related Articles
- Name three diseases caused by polluted water.
- State one difference between arteries and veins.Name any two sexually transmitted diseases. What advice is given to prevent them?
- Name any two diseases caused by drinking polluted water containing sewage.
- What are fertilizers? Name any three fertilizers..
- Name any three substances that show sublimation.
- (a) What are sexually transmitted diseases? Give two examples of sexually transmitted diseases.(b) Which method of contraception prevents fertilised egg from being implanted in the uterus?
- Name any three substance which sublimes on heating.
- What precautions should be taken to keep away from various sexually transmitted diseases?
- Name some Fungal Diseases.
- Name any three methods for separating from solid mixtures.
- Write a short note on the virus, and name any two diseases caused by it.
- What are protein carbohydrates deficiency diseases ? Name the two diseases?
- (a) What are Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)? List two viral and two bacterial STDs.(b) What is contraception? List three reasons for adopting contraceptive methods.
- Enlist four types of diseases of animals which can also be transmitted to human beings.
- Name two viral diseases of chickens.