- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Is Python Dynamically Typed Language?
Yes, it is. Python is a dynamically typed language. What is dynamic? We don't have to declare the type of variable while assigning a value to a variable in Python. Other languages like C, C++, Java, etc.., there is a strict declaration of variables before assigning values to them.
Python don't have any problem even if we don't declare the type of variable. It states the kind of variable in the runtime of the program. So, Python is a dynamically typed language. Let's see one example.
## assigning a value to a variable x = [1, 2, 3] ## x is a list here print(type(x)) ## reassigning a value to the 'x' x = True ## x is a bool here print(type(x))
If you run the above program, it will generate the following results.
<class 'list'> <class 'bool'>
- Why Python is called Dynamically Typed?
- What are the differences between “untyped” & “dynamically typed” programming languages?
- Is Python a scripting language?
- Dynamically modifying the Python
- Check if a string is the typed name of the given name in Python
- How I can dynamically import Python module?
- How to dynamically load a Python class?
- Finding even and odd numbers in a set of elements dynamically using C language
- What is Programming Language?
- Program to find all possible strings typed using phone keypad in python
- How we can instantiate different python classes dynamically?
- Program to check typed string is for writing target string in stuck keyboard keys or not in Python