- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Is it mandatory to link my Aadhaar with bank account and mobile?
Like me, I am sure most of you also have been hacked off by now with the recurrent reminders from banks, mobile operators, gas agencies, etc. for linking your Aadhaar-to enjoy uninterrupted services, else your services will be barred-although they say this, but they actually mean this-(prepare for the grave consequences). But the comic part is they keep on extending the last date to link. All this fuss made me ponder upon the following questions in −
Why is the government pushing Aadhaar insanely?
How much safe our Aadhaar card is?
Why do I have to link my Aadhaar card to other services?
Why do I have to give my Aadhaar details when I already attach the copy of my other ID card issued by the government of India while taking such services?
Is that mean those Ids (like Voter ID, Driving License, PAN card, Ration Card, etc.) are of no use? What the F@#K?
When such questions pushed me to the saturation point, I decided to dig out the answer to the question why the hell is it necessary to link this card, which the Modi government is advertising as if it is an SSN card (a Social Security number issued in the U.S. to their citizens, permanent residents, and working class).
During this quest, I came across the remark made by the honorable Supreme Court of India, "the legality of Aadhaar is under a cloud". The top court has ruled that for now, citizens do not have to link their Aadhaar numbers to a range of services including bank accounts, mobile phones, and passport. It also stated that a biometric ID is mandatory for accessing social welfare schemes and subsidies, but till it decides on whether the government's demand for Aadhaar to be linked to private and public services is a violation of the right to privacy, the 12-digit unique number given to each citizen does not have to be linked to other services.
So, enjoy all the services and get the benefits of all government schemes without being worried about this nuisance.
- How to Link your PAN with Aadhaar Card?
- Why is Aadhaar mandatory in schools for entry-level admissions?
- Is it mandatory to close JDBC connections?
- Is it mandatory to register the driver while working with JDBC?
- How to prepare a bank account in a ledger?
- What is an Account Number and how is it useful?
- What is the KBW Bank Index, and how does it work?
- Is it mandatory to mark a functional interface with @FunctionalInterface annotation in Java?
- How safe is it to have an Instagram account?
- What is an "Account in Trust" or "Trust Account" and how is it managed?
- Does MobiKwik charge if you transfer wallet balance to your bank account?
- What is difference between profit and loss account and trading account?
- How to link jQuery from my local machine?
- What is Doomsday Bank?
- Is it mandatory to override the default methods of an interface in Java?