- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why is Aadhaar mandatory in schools for entry-level admissions?
Every year when schools open, parents who have their kids to enter in schools come under a lot of pressure, especially to get him/her admitted to a ‘good’ school. Besides, there was something they would worry about and that was Aadhar, which was mandatory before this statement by UIDAI came.
Why Was It Mandatory?
Although no circulation was spread regarding the mandate of Aadhar, but schools included it as one of the documents to be submitted along with the registration form, for admission of kids into entry-level classes.
What Does UIDAI Say?
As per the news published in Business Standard
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on 5 September 2018 said that it is the responsibility of schools to provide Aadhaar enrolment and update facility of the students, ensuring that no child is denied admission and other facilities including their due benefits or rights for wants of Aadhaar.
UIDAI in a circular titled "No denial of admission in schools for want of Aadhaar and Organising Special Aadhaar Enrolment camps at schools", issued today, said that for children who are not yet assigned an Aadhaar number or whose biometrics in Aadhaar database is not updated, it shall be the responsibility of the schools under Regulation 12A of Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations to arrange to provide for Aadhaar enrolments and biometric update of such students.
- Is it mandatory to link my Aadhaar with bank account and mobile?
- Top B-schools worldwide
- What is Mandatory access control in information security?
- Is it mandatory to close JDBC connections?
- Do you think homeschooling is better than available schools around?
- Mandatory and optional Participation
- Ordering alphabetically in MySQL except for one entry?
- Is it mandatory to use T for type-parameter, while defining Generics classes/methods in Java?
- Why is it beneficial for companies in KSOP?
- Why is water management important for us?
- Why is feedback necessary for good business?
- Why Intellectual Property is Crucial for Business?
- Why is wavelet transformation useful for clustering?
- How to Link your PAN with Aadhaar Card?