- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
In what ways one can store fruits and vegetables if one does not have a refrigerator at home?
We often hear from nutritionists that we should eat fresh fruits and vegetables. That calls for procuring these from the vegetable and fruit vendor daily. But due to lack of time and various other reasons, it may not be possible to purchase these on a daily basis. This is how you can keep them fresh:
Buy the Bunch: Always buy grapes, bananas and green gram in bunches and avoid already broken grapes. A bunch of these stays fresh for a longer duration.
Use A Plastic Basket (Tokri): Onions, potatoes, garlic can be stored in separate plastic baskets with holes in them so that there is an exchange of gases present in the air which will help these to stay fresh for longer. It applies to the fruits as well.
Use A Cotton Cloth: Greens such as mint, coriander, spinach, methi, 'bathua', etc. must be stored in a dry cotton cloth explicitly. This will help them stay green and not turn yellow soon.
Use Candle Wax for Tomatoes: Wax should be applied to Tomato bulbs so that they do not rot away soon. When later one wishes to use it, wash away the wax thoroughly and wipe it off with a tissue then.
Do Not Pluck the Green Top of the Tomato: When you buy tomatoes from the market, make sure that their greens are intact. This ensures that they will stay fresh for a good period.
Check the Structure: Fruits and Vegetables with a firm structure stay fresh for a good length of time.
Select Yellow: Red Tomatoes: Do not go for jet red soft tomatoes. Indeed choose hard yellowish red ones.
Keep Sprinkling Water: Chestnuts and carrots must be sprinkled with water again and again to retain their freshness.
- Visit a fruit market and collect as many local fruits as possible. If many fruits are not available, you can collect tomatoes and cucumbers (these are fruits, though we use them as vegetables). Make drawings of the different fruits. Split the fruits and examine the seeds within. Look for any special characteristics in the fruits and their seeds.You can visit a library also to learn about this.
- How to check if a string has at least one letter and one number in Python?
- Which one of the following does not have valves?(a) heart (b) arteries (c) capillaries (d) veins
- Make a note of what methods have been used to store food in your home for a long time.
- Python program to check if two lists have at least one common element
- C# program to check if two lists have at-least one element common
- Check if both halves of the string have at least one different character in Python
- One of the following does not have a nucleus. This one is:(a) red blood cell (b) white blood cell (c) guard cell (d) epidermal cell
- What should one not do when one is sad?
- The animals called predators have:(a) both the eyes on the sides (b) one eye on the side and one at the front(c) one eye on the front and one at the back (d) both the eyes at the front
- Can tonsils be treated at home?
- If an atom contains one electron and one proton, will it carry any charge or not?
- How many destructors can we have in one class in C#?
- How can one believe in science and religion at the same time?
- How can I make simple and quick poha at home?