- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can I make simple and quick poha at home?
Poha is a very rich source of Iron and is light enough to digest in any meal of the day. But usually, it is relished with tea in the morning or as evening snacks. Poha or Flattened rice is quite easy to make.
Quick Poha Ingredients
- 1 cup Poha (soaked and sieved)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped potatoes
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp jeera powder( optional)
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp groundnut
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp Hing powder (Asafoetida)
- Coriander to garnish
- Grated count ½ cup to garnish
- Lime juice 2 Tsp
- Namkeen Sev to garnish
- Pomegranate to garnish
Recipe for Quick Poha
Wash so as to clean the Poha in a sieve in filtered water and keep it aside to let it dry.
Put a non-stick pan on low- medium flame and heat oil in it. To this perfectly heated oil, add the ground nuts and stir for about a minute.
Now add curry leaves, mustard seeds, asafoetida, green chillies as well as onions. Stir for another few minutes on medium flame. Add potatoes and cover with a lid to cook until potatoes turn soft.
Add pre-washed Poha and turmeric powder in the mixture of spiced potatoes and onions along with salt to taste. Mix them thoroughly. Cook on medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes and stir accordingly.
Garnish the Poha with crushed coconut, pomegranate, sev, and coriander generously. Squeeze lemon juice to make it taste delicious.
- Related Articles
- How can we make a fruity ice-cream at home?
- How to make soap at home?
- How can I make a simple 3D line with Matplotlib?
- How can I take care of leather articles at home?
- How to Make Distilled Water at Home?
- How to make 'Paneer' at home?
- How to make carrot mix juice at home?
- How to Make Aloe Vera Gel at Home?
- How can you observe the three forms of water(i) in nature and(ii) at home
- How can I make the xtick labels of a plot be simple drawings using Matplotlib?
- Five Different Ways to Make Candles at Home
- Can tonsils be treated at home?
- How can I earn well while working from home?
- I want to use 'Multani Mitti' for my skin. Are there any natural beauty packs for the same that I can make at home?
- What are some tips to make fluffy omelets at home?