- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to teach shy kids to mingle with others?
Kids who are shy, like to be left alone or feel uneasy in front of others are often low in confidence. This bars the way to their personal development and makes them hesitant to speak out. So, how to make them develop social skills, help them mingle with others and make friends?
Involve In Your Daily Chores
Help your child become more social by involving him/her in your daily chores. This way they learn the family values and the culture you follow, helping them develop a certain personality as they grow.
Analyze the Reason Behind Their Shyness
Find out if the kids are withdrawn while meeting an individual, while talking to friends or when they are in a group/crowd. This will help you to understand the real concern without getting into any confrontation with the child.
Be Sympathetic and Affectionate
Children look up to their parents when in any distress so make sure that you lend an ear to their concern, offer sympathy and be loving and affectionate when they need it.
Don’t Label them As Shy
Allow them to take the time to open up and be a part of any group or activity instead of labeling them as shy.
Be A Good Role Model for Outgoing Behavior
Children imitate their parents, so ensure that you display good behavior and show them how you interact with others helping them follow in your footsteps.
Engage In Extracurricular Activities
If your kids are shy to be a part of group activities, encourage them to engage in extracurricular activities by signing them up with kids clubs, taking them parks or making them a part of parties.
- How to teach children the value of money?
- How to stop myself from bullying others?
- How to teach an amateur to book an Ola or Uber cab?
- What is the best age to have kids?
- Program to find minimum number of people to teach in Python
- How to put a Tkinter window on top of the others?
- What does culture teach a person?
- Safety tips for your kids to use social websites
- Should parents change their mentality while dealing with their kids?
- Why is it important to play outdoor games for kids?
- How does the “Pica” disorder affect kids?
- Differentiate dynamic parameter from others in SAP
- Do we need to be certified in order to teach quantitative aptitude for SAT (in India)?
- Delete one row and reorder the others with the correct ID in MySQL?
- Check for an array element that is coprime with all others in C++