We live in a technology-driven era where we witness new machines almost every other day. The same observation applies to water purifiers. Purette, Kent RO, Aqua guard are to name a few. But not everybody can afford these. So, below are some water purification methods that one can adopt at home.
1. Boiling: Boiling is the easiest and by far, quite trusted the method of purifying water. But one must note that we cannot get rid of all Impurities through boiling.
2. Add 'Lal Dawai': Lal Dawai is also called potassium permanganate. It's an addition to water purifies it by the process of oxidation. But it also imparts a unique smell and a distinct red color, which may not be liked by all.
3. Add Alum (Fitkari): Alum is a compound of potassium. Use a string to tie alum to it. Rotate it for a few rounds. You will notice all suspended impurities sticking to it. Later, remove the alum from water and you may now consume the water.
4. Bleaching through Chlorine: One may add a few drops of chlorine. The drawback of this method is that the water must not be consumed until half an hour once chlorine is added to it. But, apart from this drawback, the uses are that it is affordable and easily available.
5. Use Iodine: Iodine is another nonmetal, which is feasible in the form of tablets. One may add these tablets to a large jug of water.
6. Earthen Pot: Storing water in the earthen pot is an age-old way of consuming potable water.