- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to press a button without touching it on Tkinter?
The Tkinter button widget can be used to perform a specific actionable event within the application. We can also invoke the button widget without performing a click operation on it. The invoke() method in Tcl/Tk does the same thing which returns a string in case if there are any commands given to the Button. The invoke() method can be called up after the initialization of the Button widget. The event will be called automatically once the Button widget is prepared.
# Import the required libraries from tkinter import * from tkinter import ttk from tkinter import messagebox # Create an instance of tkinter frame win = Tk() # Set the size of the tkinter window win.geometry("700x350") def display_msg(): messagebox.showinfo("Message", "Hello There! Greeting from TutorialsPoint.") # Add a Button widget b1 = ttk.Button(win, text="Click Me", command=display_msg) b1.pack(pady=30) b1.invoke() win.mainloop()
Running the above code will show up a popup message box automatically. When we click the Button, the popup will appear from the main window.
- How to change Tkinter label text on button press?
- How to create a Button on a Tkinter Canvas?
- Add image on a Python Tkinter button
- How do you create a Button on a Tkinter Canvas?
- Detect home button press in android
- How to create a Tkinter toggle button?
- Setting the position on a button in Tkinter Python?
- On/Off Toggle Button Switch in Tkinter
- How to Disable / Enable a Button in TKinter?
- How to update a Button widget in Tkinter?
- How to highlight a tkinter button in macOS?
- How to display an image/screenshot in a Python Tkinter window without saving it?
- How to put a ListView into a ScrollView without it collapsing on Android?
- How to bind a key to a button in Tkinter?
- How to handle a Button click event in tkinter?