- Facebook Marketing Tutorial
- Facebook Marketing - Home
- Facebook Marketing - Overview
- Profile Page Setup
- Page Navigation
- Facebook Marketing - Ad Options
- Ad Management
- Page Promotion
- Personal Branding
- Facebook Marketing - Identify Targets
- Facebook Marketing - Quality Posts
- Facebook Marketing - Post Frequency
- Likes Philosophy
- Facebook Marketing - Create Fans
- Facebook Marketing - Engaging Fans
- Facebook Marketing - Call-to-Action
- Video Promotion
- Marketing Tricks
- Facebook Marketing - A/B Testing
- Facebook Marketing - Analytics
- Facebook Marketing Resources
- Facebook Marketing - Quick Guide
- Facebook Marketing - Resources
- Facebook Marketing - Discussion
Facebook Marketing - Engaging Fans
When you are looking to engage your audience, you need to ensure that you have content that will drive users to stay interested in your posts. Even if someone is a fan of your page, if they are not interested in your posts they can un-follow your posts from there news feed and will not see anything that you post.
Following are some tips on how to keep your fans engaged −
Headline of your post
Keep the headline of your post short and to the point. If you are looking to drive someone to a blog article with a link to the blog post, make the headline of the post the contention of the article. For example, an article relating to health and beauty tricks could be something like “10 health and beauty tips to keep you looking young and feeling good”. The aim of this statement is to drive more clicks, likes, comments or shares.
Keep a good range of different types of posts
When consistently all your posts bear the same look, it will be hard for your audience to stay engaged. Posts come in many different forms and styles. It is worthwhile experimenting to seeing what kind of styles your audience become more engaged in. These experiments can come in from −
- Link posts
- Asking your audience questions
- Photo posts
- Video posts
Have a brand identity that is stronger than the trending fads
When there is a trend in your industry, you can utilize it to create rich content. The people who are interested will definitely follow the trend. This is great because your users are likely to like, comment, share, and follow your posts as they will want to stay up-to-date. This can help you become an authority in the industry. But piggy backing on the trends is only temporary and if you want to ensure that once the popularity slows down, you need to have a strategy and brand identity in place that lasts much longer.
Express yourself in ways that your fans are most likely to relate with
The way you write your content plays a key role in users wanting to keep reading/following your posts. It is important to understand your fans and know what they find engaging. This could be by using certain terminology, emoticons, slang and photos that are in line with the demographic you are looking to get to follow your page.
Always check your Facebook analytics
Facebook analytics will provide you with the most important feedback you can get for your page. You will be able to see −
- How many people engaged with your posts?
- How many likes, comments and shares your posts got?
- Which country your likes are coming from?
- Which age groups liked your specific posts?
If you see a constant drop in engagement for a certain type of post, it will be an indication that you should start experimenting with different options to make that post type more successful.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started