- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain modular automation framework.
In a modular automation framework, test scripts are developed on the basis of modules or clusters by dividing the entire application into several small and self-sufficient blocks. Thus individual test scripts belonging to a particular module or cluster are created.
These scripts belonging to these isolated modules can be integrated and can be driven by a master driver script to perform integration testing among the modules. All these are achieved with the help of common function libraries (containing essential methods and procedures) which are used while developing scripts for the modules.
Modular automation framework follows the concept of Abstraction. Here in this framework, we plant the test data into the test scripts. So in case we need to test with a different combination of test data, directly test scripts need to be updated.
The smaller modules in the framework communicate with each other in a hierarchical manner to form a large script which is capable of testing an entire scenario.
The advantages of modular testing framework are listed below −
If a particular module or cluster is impacted, the test scripts developed for that cluster only need to be updated. The test scripts for the other modules remain the same.
Can be easily expandable.
Modular frameworks are flexible and easy to maintain.
- Framework used in software Automation Testing
- Selenium Web Test Automation Framework Best Practices.
- Automation Testing Framework for Agile/Scrum Methodology
- Explain Keyword driven framework.
- Explain data driven framework.
- Explain Behavior Driven Framework.
- Explain Test Driven Development Framework.
- Explain monolithic and modular programming in C language
- Explain how reflection works in .NET framework
- Modular Exponentiation (Power in Modular Arithmetic) in java
- Python program for Modular Exponentiation
- Modular multiplicative inverse in java
- Cypress Test Automation
- What is ASP.NET Core? Explain how it's different from the ASP.NET framework.
- C++ Program to Implement Modular Exponentiation Algorithm