- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Differentiate stock and bonds.
The major differences between stock and bonds are as follows −
Partial ownership of a public limited company is provided in exchange of monetary value.
Known as stockholders.
No guarantee of return on investment.
No fixed profit on investment.
Return earned in terms of dividends.
Generally purchased through stock exchange.
High risk on investment.
Maturity time depend on investors.
Traded through central exchanges.
Shareholders get voting rights.
Borrowed capital for an institution or organization.
Known as bondholders.
Guaranteed return on investment.
Fixed profit earned.
Return earned in terms of interest.
Generally issued by government institutions, financial institutions, public undertakings, private institutions.
Very low risk on investment.
Fixed time of maturity (at time of purchases).
Traded over the counter (OTC).
Liquidation and preferences in terms of repayment.
- Differentiate between Asset purchase method and stock purchase method
- Rating of Bonds - Investment Grade, Speculative, and Junk Bonds
- Write the difference between debentures and bonds.
- Write the difference between stock market and stock exchange.
- Write the difference between large cap stock and small cap stock.
- What are pure discount bonds?
- Compare stock market and commodity market.
- Compare asset purchase and stock purchase.
- Calculating historical interest in Ordinary shares, bonds, and T-bills
- Differences between American and European Stock Options
- Write the differences between mutual funds and stock.
- Differentiate between ADR AND GDR.
- Differentiate between invoice and bill.
- Differentiate between investing and trading.
- Differentiate between company and firm.