- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Differentiate between rate of interest and internal rate of return.
The major differences between rate of interest and internal rate of return are as follows −
Rate of interest
It is used to calculate performance of the investment over a period of time.
The formula to calculate the rate of interest is Rate of interest = [(excepted value – original value)/original value}*100.
It can estimate growth rate over the investment period.
It does not consider future value of money.
It is relatively easy to calculate.
Internal rate of return
It is used to calculate the rate of return on an investment for shorter period of time.
The formula for calculating the internal rate of return is Internal rate of return = current invest – future NPV@IRR rate = zero.
It considers time value of money.
It considers several factors to calculate.
It is bit complex to calculate.
The similarities between internal rate of return and rate of interest are stated below −
Both represents annual rate of return.
Both are expressed in terms of percentage.
They are used for backward evaluation of investments.
They are used for forward estimation of performance.
- Related Articles
- Difference between internal rate of return and modified internal rate of return.
- Differentiate between discounted Net present value and Internal rate of return.
- Explain modified internal rate of return.
- Write the difference between discount rate and interest rate.
- Compare fixed interest rate and floating interest rate
- What is Modified Internal Rate of Return (MIRR)?
- What are the differences between interest rate and annual percentage rate?
- Differentiate between floating currency exchange rate and fixed currency exchange rate
- How would you differentiate Opportunity Cost of Capital from Required Rate of Return (RRR)?
- How to Compare interest rate and inflation?
- What is Interest Rate Risk?
- What is the concept of interest rate swaps?
- Difference between Bit Rate and Baud Rate
- Merits and demerits of Accounting Rate of Return (ARR)
- What is the relationship between the rate of heartbeat and pulse rate?