- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Write the difference between discount rate and interest rate.
The major differences between discount rate and interest rate are as follows −
Federal reserve banks charges to depository institution/commercial banks on its overnight loans.
Central banks decide the rate.
It is not determined by market rate of interest.
It determines present value of future cash flows.
It focuses on investors view.
The demand and supply has no effect on discount rate.
It is an amount charged by lender to a borrower for use of assets.
Commercial banks decide the rate.
It depends on market rate of interest, creditworthiness etc.
It can’t determine present value.
It focuses on lender’s view.
The demand and supply has effect on interest rate.
- Compare fixed interest rate and floating interest rate
- What are the differences between interest rate and annual percentage rate?
- Differentiate between rate of interest and internal rate of return.
- Difference between Bit Rate and Baud Rate
- What is Interest Rate Risk?
- Differences between Bit Rate and Baud Rate
- How to Compare interest rate and inflation?
- Difference between internal rate of return and modified internal rate of return.
- Risk-Adjusted Discount Rate Vs. Certainty-Equivalent Methods
- What is the concept of interest rate swaps?
- Differentiate between floating currency exchange rate and fixed currency exchange rate
- Compare marginal tax rate and effective tax rate.
- C++ program to find the rate percentage from compound interest of consecutive years
- CSS speech-rate property
- What is Rate Adaptation?