- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Differentiate between finance and accounting.
The major differences between finance and accounting are as follows −
It is the science of planning the distribution of assets within the company.
Its main objective is to study capital market and funds of business for making future strategies.
The tools for accounting are risk analysis, capital budgeting, ratio analysis, etc.
The branches of finance are private finance, public finance, corporate finance.
Finance is not a part of accounting.
Career for finance are investment banking, corporate finance, equity research, private equity, risk management, quantitative analysis, project finance, technical analysis.
In finance, success mainly depends on technical skills.
Work pressure is an intrinsic part of finance.
It is an art of summarising reporting and recording the finance related transactions.
Its main objective is to provide information regarding the solvency status of the company to the financial statement.
The tools of accounting are income statement, cash flow statement, balance sheet etc.
The branches of accounting are financial accounting, management accounting, cost accounting etc.
Accounting is a part of finance.
The career options for accounting are forensic accounting, public accounting, financial accounting, auditing, government accounting etc.
There is work life balance when it comes to accounting.
It has very narrow domain.
- Related Articles
- Differentiate between cost accounting and financial accounting.
- Differentiate between accounting standards and accounting concepts.
- Explain accounting period in finance and accounting.
- Differentiate between accounting profit and taxable profit
- What is payroll accounting in finance and accounting?
- Differentiate cash accounting and accrual accounting.
- Differentiate between accounting breakeven point and financial breakeven point.
- Describe the term amortisation in finance and accounting.
- What is accounting cycle in finance?
- What is matching concept in finance & accounting?
- What are the sources of fund in finance and accounting?
- What is dual aspect concept in accounting & finance?
- Describe about bank reconciliation concept in accounting & finance
- Compare between accounting concepts and accounting convections.
- Write the difference between domestic finance and international finance.