- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Differentiate between accounting profit and taxable profit
The term profit will differ from profession to profession. Businessmen will have different perspectives in terms of profit, economists will have different perspectives. According to accounts profit is nothing but excess of revenue over expenses.
This profit is called accounting profit. Taxable profit had a different sense, amount taxable as per provisions of income tax act. Taxable profit is calculated by taking accounting profit, non-allowable expenses (added), allowable expenses (subtracted) and the resulting income is credited in a P & L account.
It results from operating activities and non-operating activities of the company. Accounting profit is the financial gain which is obtained by reducing total expenses of business to total revenue of business.
It determines how resources are allocated and reflects the company's profitability and future performance. Knowledge on company's liquidity, solvency and accounting profit helps
Amount (profit) taxable is according to income tax act, 1961 under head profits and gains.
Every year returns are furnished to the income tax department of previous years. Taxable profit and tax thereof is calculated based on returns furnished.
The major differences between accounting profit and taxable profit are as follows −
|Accounting profit||Taxable profit|
|Net income after explicit all costs from revenue.||Profits that are taxable, considers tax liabilities.|
|Continuous activity.||One-time activity.|
|Recognizes business profitability.||Derives tax liabilities of business.|
|Financial reporting.||Tax operating.|
|Guided by GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) or Accounting Standards (AS).||Guided by Income Tax Act.|
|Total sales and explicit costs are taken as base.||Accounting profits and other costs are taken as base.|
|Only consider the current financial year.||Consider previous income also.|
Both accounting profit and taxable profit are calculated for a period of time. Accounting profit is calculated using accounting principles and taxable profits are calculated using prescribed tax rules of the country. Mostly accounting profits are greater than taxable profit.
- Write the difference between accounting profit and economic profit.
- Differentiate between turnover and profit.
- What is difference between profit and loss account and profit and loss appropriate account?
- Differentiate between cost accounting and financial accounting.
- Differentiate between accounting standards and accounting concepts.
- Differentiate between finance and accounting.
- Differentiate cash accounting and accrual accounting.
- Profit and loss Problems using C
- What is difference between profit and loss account and trading account?
- Program to find maximum profit we can make by holding and selling profit in Python
- Compare balance sheet and profit and loss account
- Differentiate between accounting breakeven point and financial breakeven point.
- How open source companies get profit
- Make money online profit without investment
- Most Profit Assigning Work in C++