- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between Time Sharing and Real-Time Operating System
In this post, we will understand the difference between Time Sharing and Real-Time Operating System −
Time Sharing Operating System
In this type of operating system, a quick response is required to be given when a request comes in.
It has a switching method.
Any kind of modifications can be done to the program.
The resources of the computer are shared externally.
It deals with multiple processes and applications simultaneously.
The response to a user request is given within seconds of time.
Real-Time Operating System
In this operating system, the computation tasks are required to be given more importance before its nominative point.
It doesn’t have a switching method.
No modification takes place in this system.
The resources of the computer are not shared externally.
Only one process or application is dealt with at a point in time.
In this OS, the response to the user’s request is provided within a specific time.
- Time-Sharing Operating system
- What is Multitasking/Time Sharing Operating System?
- What is the Real Time Operating System?
- Difference Between Network Operating System and Distributed Operating System
- Difference between Operating System and Kernel
- Difference Between Kernel and Operating System
- Difference Between Linux and Windows Operating System
- Operating system time slicing in round robin scheduling
- Real-Time Embedded Systems
- What are the characteristics of batch, embedded, real time and mainframe operating systems?
- What are the different tasks in the real time system?
- Difference Between Logical and Physical Address in Operating System
- Python program to find difference between current time and given time
- Real Time Clock (RTC) with Arduino
- Replicating data from HANA db to other HANA system in real time