- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between GUI and CLI
GUI and CLI are user interfaces.
Following are the important differences between GUI and CLI.
|1||Interaction||User interacts with computer using Graphics like images, icons.||User interacts with computer using commands.|
|2||Navigation||Navigation is easy.||Navigation is difficult.|
|3||Peripherals used||Keyboard, mouse or any other pointing device.||Only keyboard.|
|4||Precision||GUI has low precision.||CLI has high precision.|
|5||Speed||GUI is of low speed.||ClI is of high speed.|
|6||Usage||Usage is easy.||Usage is difficult, requires expertise.|
|7||Memory requirement||High memory requirement.||Low memory requirement.|
|8||Flexibility||Highly flexibile user interface.||Little flexibile user interface.|
|9||Customize||GUI is highly customizable.||CLI appearance is not easily changable.|
|10||Typing Check||GUI normally handles type errors and correct them.||CLI don't handles type errors.|
- Difference Between CLI and GUI
- Difference between GUI and CUI
- Show Matplotlib plots (and other GUI) in Ubuntu
- Difference between C# and .Net
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Concurrency and Parallelism
- Difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1?
- Difference between JCoClient and JCoDestination
- Difference between String and StringBuffer.
- Difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder.
- Difference between CPU and GPU
- Difference between TDM and FDM
- Difference between CRT and LCD
- Difference between LAN and WAN
- Difference between LAN and MAN