- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between compounding and discounting techniques in time value of money.
The major differences between compounding and discounting techniques in time value of money are as follows −
It is a process of calculating future value using present investment.
It determines money gained by an investment.
It is also called as present value.
Compound interest rate.
Uses future value/compounding factor.
Its formula is Fv= Pv(1+r)^n
Amount increases in this method.
Right side to left (time line).
If the rate is low then, future value will decrease and if the rate is high then, future value will increase.
It calculates future cash flows using present value.
It determines the amount to be invested to get maximum future gains.
It is also called future value.
It uses present value/discounting factor.
Its formula is Pv=Fv/((1+r)^n).
Amount decreases in this method.
Left to right side (time line).
If the rate is low then, present value will increase, if rate is high then, present value will decrease.
- Explain compounding technique in the time value of money.
- Compare time and money.
- Explain the concept Time value of money in finance.
- What is meant by Time Preference or Time Value of Money?
- Difference Between Time Sharing and Real-Time Operating System
- Difference between book value and market value.
- Difference between Book Value and Market Value of a Share
- Present value of money is 2500, which is invested at 10% and time of investment is 2 years. Calculate the future value.
- Difference between compile-time polymorphism and runtime polymorphism
- Python program to find difference between current time and given time
- Write the difference between present value and future value.
- In-the-Money, At-the-Money, and Out-of-theMoney Options
- Difference Between Cross-Sectional Analysis and Time Series Analysis
- How to teach children the value of money?
- Write the difference between present value and net present value.