- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Asymmetric and Symmetric Multiprocessing
Asymmetric multiprocessing is the use of two or more processors handled by one master processor. All CPUs are interconnected but are not self-scheduling. AMP is used to schedule specific task to CPU based on priority and importance of task.
Symmetric multiprocessing is the use of two or more self-scheduling processors sharing a common memory space. Each processor has access to I/O and memory devices. SMP applies multiple CPUs to a task to complete in parallel and faster fashion.
|Sr. No.||Key||Asymmetric Multiprocessing||Symmetric Multiprocessing|
|1||CPU||All processors are not equal in precedence.||All processors are same in precedence.|
|2||OS Task||OS task is done by master processor.||OS task can be done by any processor.|
|3||Communication Overhead||No communication overhead between processors as they are controlled by master processor.||All processor communicates to each other using shared memory.|
|4||Process Scheduling||Master-Slave approach is used.||A ready queue of processes is used.|
|5||Cost||Asymmetric multiprocessing is cheaper to implement.||Symmetric multiprocessing is costlier to implement.|
|6||Design Complexity||Asymmetric multiprocessing is simpler to design.||Symmetric multiprocessing is complex to design.|
- Difference Between Symmetric and Asymmetric Multiprocessing
- Asymmetric Multiprocessing
- Symmetric Multiprocessing
- Symmetric Multiprocessing Architecture
- Asymmetric and Symmetric Clustering System
- What is the difference between Symmetric Key Cryptographic and Asymmetric Key Cryptography?
- Difference between Multiprocessing and Multithreading
- What are symmetric and Asymmetric key encryptions?
- Differentiate between multiprogramming, multitasking and multiprocessing.
- Get the asymmetric difference of two sets in Java
- Multiprocessing In Python
- A square matrix as sum of symmetric and skew-symmetric matrix ?
- Python Pandas - Compute the symmetric difference of two Index objects and unsort the result
- Python Pandas - Compute the symmetric difference of two Index objects