- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Apache Kafka and Kinesis
Apache Kafka and Kinesis both software tool is to processing data stream in real time. Apache kafka is developed by linked-in and it is written in Scala and java. Kinesis is developed and managed by Amazon. It can be only used as a services.
According to the amazon documentation −
Amazon Kinesis Data Streams enables you to build custom applications that process or analyze streaming data for specialized needs. You can continuously add various types of data such as clickstreams, application logs, and social media to an Amazon Kinesis data stream from hundreds of thousands of sources. Within seconds, the data will be available for your Amazon Kinesis Applications to read and process from the stream.
According to the apache documentation −
Apache Kafka is a distributed data store optimized for ingesting and processing streaming data in real-time. Streaming data is data that is continuously generated by thousands of data sources, which typically send the data records in simultaneously. A streaming platform needs to handle this constant influx of data, and process the data sequentially and incrementally.
|Sr. No.||Key||Apache Kafka||Kinesis|
|1||Basic||Apache Kafka is a distributed data store optimized for ingesting and processing streaming data in real-time||Amazon Kinesis Data Streams enables you to build custom applications that process or analyze streaming data for specialized needs|
|2||Cloud||It can be installed and run on your local machine.||It is a cloud service and cannot be run locally|
|3||Performance||Kafka is faster than Kinesis||It is a bit slower than Kafka|
|4||Ordering||Ordering in Kafka is at partition level||Ordering in Kinesis at shard level|
- Difference between Apache Kafka and Flume
- Difference between Apache Kafka and JMS.
- What are the differences between Apache and Nginx?
- Difference between C# and .Net
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Concurrency and Parallelism
- Difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1?
- Difference between JCoClient and JCoDestination
- Difference between String and StringBuffer.
- Difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder.
- Difference between CPU and GPU
- Difference between TDM and FDM
- Difference between CRT and LCD
- Difference between GUI and CUI
- Difference between LAN and WAN