- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between Apache and Nginx?
Let us understand the concepts of Apache and Nginx before learning the differences between them.
Apache server is a general-purpose and very frequently used web server used in the web and internet to host websites and web content. Apache server is secure, fast and reliable.
The Apache web server is provided by the Apache Software Foundation and is open-source software that can be used free of charge. Apache is running on the world's majority servers and is a fast, stable, and efficient web server.
The Apache web server is the one where the server software receives the request from the client to access the web pages, and runs the security checks on the request and depending on the checks it takes to the web pages and lets the user access the resources.
The features of Apache are as follows −
- Message index
- High availability
- Low latency messaging
- Scheduled message
- Order Message
- SQL filter
- Batch produce
- Transactional message
The advantages of Apache are as follows −
- Source code is available for free
- No license required
- Highly reliable
- Perform better
- Easily installed
- Regularly maintained and updated
- Documentation is very useful
- Flexible to use.
The disadvantages of Apache are as follows −
- It is a process based server
- Security threat
- Bugs will created
- Requires strict updating policy
It is called as a high performance free open source web server powering the busiest sites on the Internet". Nginx is written by Igor Sysoev generally called as [engine x] is an HTTP, mail proxy server and reverse proxy server.
Based on Net craft Nginx served or proxied 30.46% of the top million busiest sites in January 2018. NGINX supports the open source systems, when we are looking for open source you can go for apache or NGINX.
NGINX is better than the Apache because it can be used as a reverse proxy server which allows NGINX to handle all the client requests.
The features of Nginx are as follows −
- Basic load balancer
- Content Cache
- Web server
- Reverse Proxy
- SSL termination
- Rate limiting
- Basic authentication.
The advantages of Nginx are as follows −
- Compatible with multiple web apps
- Offers Load Balancing
- It helps in an efficient ranking
- No risk of data loss
The disadvantages of Nginx are as follows −
- Less available extensions
- Less community support
The differences between Apache and Nginx web server are as follows −
Apache is a HTTP server while Nginx is an asynchronous web server and also a reverse proxy server.
Apache server uses the application development, bug fixes and support developed by the community of users and coordinated by the Apache foundation. Nginx is handled by the company Nginx.
AApache provides a variety of multiprocessing modules for handling client requests while Nginx handles multiple client requests simultaneously with the minimal hardware.
In Apache HTTP we use the single thread to associate with one connection while in Nginx it is used to handle multiple connections.
Nginx is a web server and proxy server while Apache is a web server.
- How to Create 301 Redirection on Nginx and Apache
- What are the differences between holography and photography?
- What are the differences between C++ and Java?
- What are the differences between C and Java?
- What are the differences between lodash and underscore?
- What are the differences between IPO and FPO?
- What are the differences between solvency and liquidity?
- What are the differences between Flutter and Xamarin?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between Malware and Ransomware?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and SecureSafe?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Wuala?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and BorgBase?