- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Car Pooling in Python
Suppose there is a vehicle that has capacity empty seats initially available for passengers. The vehicle only drives east, so we cannot turn around and drive west. We have given a list of trips, trip[i] = [num_passengers, start_location, end_location], that contains information about the ith trip:, so that is the number of passengers that must be picked up, and the locations to pick them up and drop them off. Here the locations are given as the number of kilometers due east from our vehicle's initial location. Our module will return true if and only if it is possible to pick up and drop off all passengers for all the given trips. So if trips are like [[2,1,5],[3,3,7]] and capacity is 5, then the output will be true.
To solve this, we will follow these steps −
- make one array called stops, of size 1000, and fill this with 0
- for i in trips
- stops[i] := stops[i] + i
- stops[i] := stops[i] – i
- for i in stops −
- capacity := capacity – i
- if capacity < 0, then return false
- return true when capacity >= 0
Let us see the following implementation to get better understanding −
class Solution(object): def carPooling(self, trips, capacity): stops = [0 for i in range(1001)] for i in trips: stops[i]+=i stops[i]-=i for i in stops: capacity-=i if capacity<0: return False return capacity>=0 ob = Solution() print(ob.carPooling([[2,1,5],[3,3,7]],5))
- Synchronization and Pooling of processes in Python
- Car Fleet in C++
- Race Car in C++
- Synchronization and Pooling of processes in C#
- Count passing car pairs in C++
- How to apply a 2D Average Pooling in PyTorch?
- Distinguish between pooling of interest and purchase method
- How to apply a 2D Max Pooling in PyTorch?\n
- How to Secure your car from Cyber Attack
- What is connection pooling in C# and how to achieve it?
- What to look for before buying a used car?
- Program to find the size of the longest sublist where car speed is constant in python
- Role of a Driver in Car who is on Auto-driving Mode?
- C program to store the car information using dynamic linked list.
- what will be the role of driver in the car with auto driving mode on