- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the role of C++ in Computer Science?
C++ is a programming language developed by Bjarne Stroustrup in 1979 at Bell Labs. C++ is regarded as a middle-level language, as it comprises a combination of both high-level and low-level language features. It is a superset of C, and that virtually any legal C program is a legal C++ program. C++ runs on a variety of platforms, such as Windows, Mac OS, and the various versions of UNIX.
It was designed with a bias toward system programming and embedded, resource-constrained and large systems, with performance, efficiency and flexibility of use as its design highlights. It has been used in the development of software infrastructure and resource-constrained applications, including desktop applications, servers (e.g. e-commerce, web search or SQL servers), and performance-critical applications (e.g. telephone switches or space probes).
C++ was designed as a successor to C and was a new language that introduced many concepts in Computer Science. C++ introduced the concept of templates for generic programming. It also introduced RAII(Resource allocation is initialization) and deterministic destructors which help in better memory management.
C++ introduced the concept of user overloadable operators making user-defined types in C++ seem like built-in types. It also supports multiple inheritances that help in modeling complex real life constructs.
Finally, C++ is a very structured language close to the machine and is used for various tasks in which you need raw performance. It has been used to implement various applications which would simply be too slow or unmaintainable if built with other languages.
For example, most financial institutions use C++ to model financial data as it is very fast. It is also a level higher than C but provides the same functionality as C and hence can also be used in embedded environments. It is often used to develop game engines, games, and desktop apps. Many AAA title video games are built with C++.
- What is the role of Data Mining in Science and Engineering?
- What are the Computer science engineering government jobs?
- What is Science?
- What is the role of IWebHostEnvironment interface in C# ASP.NET Core?
- What is the role of Vitamin A, C & D in the body?
- What is the scope of data science with python?
- What is the role of ATP?
- What is the role of mitochondria?
- What is the role of Lysosome?
- What is the role of diaphragm in respiration?
- What is the role of glomerulus in the kidney?
- What is the role of the epidermis in plants?
- What is the role of mucus in the stomach?
- What is the role of pageYOffset property?
- What is the science and psychology behind happiness?