- DCN Tutorial
- Data Comm & Networks Home
- DCN - Overview
- DCN - Computer Network Types
- DCN - Network LAN Technologies
- DCN - Computer Network Topologies
- DCN - Computer Network Models
- DCN - Computer Network Security
- Physical Layer
- DCN - Physical Layer Introduction
- DCN - Digital Transmission
- DCN - Analog Transmission
- DCN - Transmission media
- DCN - Wireless Transmission
- DCN - Multiplexing
- DCN - Network Switching
- Data Link Layer
- DCN - Data Link Layer Introduction
- DCN - Error detection and Correction
- DCN - Data Link Control & Protocols
- Network Layer
- DCN - Network Layer Introduction
- DCN - Network Addressing
- DCN - Routing
- DCN - Internetworking
- DCN - Network Layer Protocols
- Transport Layer
- DCN - Transport Layer Introduction
- DCN - Transmission Control Protocol
- DCN - User Datagram Protocol
- Application Layer
- DCN - Application Layer Introduction
- DCN - Client-Server Model
- DCN - Application Protocols
- DCN - Network Services
- DCN Useful Resources
- DCN - Quick Guide
- DCN - Useful Resources
What is the importance of Computer?
Computer Network is an interconnection of numerous computers to share an operating system, hardware, and information through a transmission mode among them. There is no condition to the location between two computers in a network.
Elements of Computer Network
A computer network involves the following elements −
Nodes (Workstations) − The multiple terminals linked to the network sharing the network resources are known as nodes.
Server − It can assign a specific node as a central node at a well-known and permanent address to support the network. The node supporting the service is referred to as the server.
Network Interface Unit − The interpreter, which supports connecting the server and multiple nodes, is referred to as Network Interface Unit. The network interface unit is connected to the server and some workstations to maintain the connection.
Importance of Computer Network
The importance of the computer network is as follows −
To share computer files −Networks enable users to share files with others. For instance, in an organization, one file is to be shared by multiple branches. When it can locate these records on the network system, some branches can use this file.
To share computer equipment − Laser printers and large hard-disk drives can be expensive. Networks allows users to share such equipment by networking microcomputers or workstations together.
To enable computer equipment to communicate − An organization with computers of multiple uses using several operating systems, including MS-DOS, UNIX, WINDOWS 95, and Apple DOS, cannot share files from one computer to another unless arranged using a Networking operating framework such as Network 4.1 or Windows NT 4.0.
To improve communication speed and accuracy − Sending messages through networks are virtually instantaneous, and there is also less chance of a message being lost.
To reduce the cost of data transfer − The cost of transfers of files using computers associated with networks is less expensive than other traditional means like telegrams.
High Reliability − All files can be regenerated on some devices, and thus if one of them is unavailable (because of hardware failure), the different copies can be used.
Saving Money − One of the advantages of a computer network is saving money. Small computers have a much better cost proportion than larger ones. Mainframes are suitably a method ten times faster than the fastest single-chip microprocessors, but they cost a multiple times more.
- Related Articles
- The Importance of Computer Education in Rural Areas
- What is the importance of hygiene?
- What is the importance of gravity?
- What is the importance of classification?
- What is the importance of Reproduction?
- What is the importance of soil?
- What is the importance of Exercise?
- What is the importance of photosynthesis?
- What is the importance of Multiplication?
- What is the importance of Fish ?
- What is the importance of the Atmosphere?
- What is the variation? What is the importance of variation?
- What is the importance of Hindu rituals?
- What is the importance of operating systems?
- What is the importance of Information Systems?