- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What do the python file extensions, .pyc .pyd .pyo stand for?
The .py, .pyc, .pyo and .pyd files have their own significance when it comes to executing python programs. The are used for −
.py: The input source code that you've written.
.pyc: The compiled bytecode. If you import a module, python will build a *.pyc file that contains the bytecode to make importing it again later easier (and faster).
.pyo: A *.pyc file that was created while optimizations (-O) was on.
.pyd: A windows dll file for Python. http://docs.python.org/faq/windows.html#is-a-pyd-file-the-same-as-a-dll
- What are .pyc files in Python?
- What does the native in Java stand for?
- What does Q in LGBTQ stand for?
- What do SCOTUS, POTUS, and FLOTUS stand for with reference to US Politics?
- How to filter the files by file extensions and show the file names in Java?
- Top 10 Chrome Extensions for Work
- What is the difference between .py and .pyc files ?
- How to search a directory with file extensions in Java?
- Using Extensions with Selenium & Python
- How to find all the distinct file extensions in a folder hierarchy (Linux)?
- What do the =+ and += do in Python?
- What does % stand for in host column and how to change user's password?
- What does the 'b' modifier do when a file is opened using Python?
- What does the 'U' modifier do when a file is opened using Python?
- How do we do a file upload using Python CGI Programming?