- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are favicon best practices regarding size and format?
A favicon is a little icon visible on the web browser tab, just before the page title. It is generally a logo with the smaller size.
The size of a favicon is 16x16 since it also gets displayed next to the URL of your site in a browser's address bar. It is visible on a users list of bookmarks and easily helps in recognizing the website from a list of websites.
Here’s how you can spot the Favicon,
- The preferred size,
1. 16x16: For a web browser
2. 32x32: or taskbar shortcut icon
3. 96x96: For desktop shortcut icon
- Here’s how you can add them to your website,
The preferred format for Favicon icon is .ico. Under, favicon generator tools, if you will upload the image for Favicon in PNG, JPG, or GIF file format, it automatically converts it to the ICO format.
- Related Articles
- What are Python coding standards/best practices?
- What are the Best Practices in Visual Marketing?
- What are the best practices to organize Python modules?
- What are the best practices for committing in Git?
- What are the best practices for using loops in Python?
- What are the best practices for exception handling in Python?
- What are the best practices to improve jQuery selector performance?
- What are the Best Practices to Improve CRM User Adoption?
- What are the best practices for using if statements in Python?
- Openssh security best practices
- Acquiring Resources – Best Practices!
- VMware vSphere Best Practices
- MLOps Tools, Best Practices and Case Studies