- DBMS Tutorial
- DBMS - Home
- DBMS - Overview
- DBMS - Architecture
- DBMS - Data Models
- DBMS - Data Schemas
- DBMS - Data Independence
- Entity Relationship Model
- DBMS - ER Model Basic Concepts
- DBMS - ER Diagram Representation
- DBMS - Generalization, Aggregation
- Relational Model
- DBMS - Codd's Rules
- DBMS - Relational Data Model
- DBMS - Relational Algebra
- DBMS - ER to Relational Model
- DBMS- SQL Overview
- Relational Database Design
- DBMS - Database Normalization
- DBMS - Database Joins
- Storage and File Structure
- DBMS - Storage System
- DBMS - File Structure
- Indexing and Hashing
- DBMS - Indexing
- DBMS - Hashing
- Transaction And Concurrency
- DBMS - Transaction
- DBMS - Concurrency Control
- DBMS - Deadlock
- Backup and Recovery
- DBMS - Data Backup
- DBMS - Data Recovery
- DBMS Useful Resources
- DBMS - Quick Guide
- DBMS - Useful Resources
- DBMS - Discussion
Three levels of database architecture
ANSI - SPARC (American National Standards Institute - Standards Planning and Requirements Committee) recognized and approved the three-level architecture for database.
The following is a figure representing the three levels −
Physical or Internal Level
It is the Internal Level and is the physical storage of a database
Describes how the data is internally stored. It would also describe the data structures used by the database.
Conceptual or Logical Level
It represents the complete content of the database i.e. the records and relationships. The global view of the database comes in the middle-tier as shown in the below figure.
The conceptual level has the logical structure of the entire database.
External or View Level
External Level as the name suggests, is what the end users view. A database will have one Internal Schema and Conceptual Scheme, whereas it may have more than onE Extrenal Schema formed as per the need of the users.
- Related Articles
- Three Level Architecture of Database
- What are different levels of abstraction in Computer Architecture?
- What are the different levels of Code Scheduling in computer architecture?
- What are the levels of database security in information security?
- What are the Three Levels of Capital Budgeting Decision-Making?
- Explain the three level schema architecture in DBMS?
- What is a Three-tier Data Warehouse Architecture?
- Describe the College Management system in three layer architecture?
- Levels of Processing Model
- Five Levels of Organisational Conflict
- Types and Levels of Conflict
- Conflict and Levels of Analysis
- Architecture of 8259
- Levels of Testing in Software Testing
- Architecture of the Internet