- DBMS Tutorial
- DBMS - Home
- DBMS - Overview
- DBMS - Architecture
- DBMS - Data Models
- DBMS - Data Schemas
- DBMS - Data Independence
- Entity Relationship Model
- DBMS - ER Model Basic Concepts
- DBMS - ER Diagram Representation
- DBMS - Generalization, Aggregation
- Relational Model
- DBMS - Codd's Rules
- DBMS - Relational Data Model
- DBMS - Relational Algebra
- DBMS - ER to Relational Model
- DBMS- SQL Overview
- Relational Database Design
- DBMS - Database Normalization
- DBMS - Database Joins
- Storage and File Structure
- DBMS - Storage System
- DBMS - File Structure
- Indexing and Hashing
- DBMS - Indexing
- DBMS - Hashing
- Transaction And Concurrency
- DBMS - Transaction
- DBMS - Concurrency Control
- DBMS - Deadlock
- Backup and Recovery
- DBMS - Data Backup
- DBMS - Data Recovery
- DBMS Useful Resources
- DBMS - Quick Guide
- DBMS - Useful Resources
- DBMS - Discussion
Object-oriented Data Model
Object oriented data model is based upon real world situations. These situations are represented as objects, with different attributes. All these object have multiple relationships between them.
Elements of Object oriented data model
The real world entities and situations are represented as objects in the Object oriented database model.
Attributes and Method
Every object has certain characteristics. These are represented using Attributes. The behaviour of the objects is represented using Methods.
Similar attributes and methods are grouped together using a class. An object can be called as an instance of the class.
A new class can be derived from the original class. The derived class contains attributes and methods of the original class as well as its own.
An Example of the Object Oriented data model is −
Shape, Circle, Rectangle and Triangle are all objects in this model.
Circle has the attributes Center and Radius.
Rectangle has the attributes Length and Breath
Triangle has the attributes Base and Height.
The objects Circle, Rectangle and Triangle inherit from the object Shape.
- Related Articles
- Explain the object oriented data model in DBMS?
- Comparison between E-R Model and Object Oriented Model
- Object-oriented Life Cycle Model in Software Engineering
- Object-relational Data Model
- What is Data Hiding in Python Object Oriented Programming?
- Object-Oriented Databases
- Object Oriented language v/s Procedure oriented programming language.
- Object Oriented Programming in Python?
- Object-Oriented Programming in R
- What is object-oriented programming (OOP)?
- Is Python Object Oriented or Procedural?
- Python Object-oriented and Functional Programming
- Object Oriented language v/s Object based programming language.
- How to traverse Data Object Model (DOM) nodes using jQuery?
- What are basic Object oriented programming concepts?