- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to mark deleted text in HTML?
To mark deleted text in HTML, use the <del>…</del> tag. It renders a strikethrough text. HTML5 introduced the <del> tag. Before the <strike> tag was used to mark deleted text, which is now deprecated.
Just keep in mind both the opening and closing tag is mandatory while using the <del>...</del> tag. Use it inside the <p>…</p> tag.
You can try the following code to mark deleted text in HTML, using the <del> tag
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>HTML del tag</title> </head> <body> <h1>Heading</h1> <p> This is demo text. <del>This text is deleted</del> </p> </body> </html>
- How to display deleted text in HTML?
- How to mark strikethrough text in HTML?
- How to mark inserted text in HTML?
- How to mark text superscript in HTML?
- How to display a URL which explains the quote/deleted/inserted text in HTML?
- How to mark abbreviation or acronyms in HTML?
- HTML DOM Mark Object
- How to mark work title using cite tag in HTML?
- How to center text in HTML?
- How to set Text alignment in HTML?
- How to make text bold in HTML?
- How to make text italic in HTML?
- How to change text font in HTML?
- How to underline a text in HTML?
- How to set text direction in HTML?