- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to automatically redirect a Web Page to another URL?
59 Lectures 8.5 hours
68 Lectures 8 hours
Page redirection is a situation where you clicked a URL to reach a page X but internally you were directed to another page Y. It happens due to page redirection.
To redirect from an HTML page, use the META Tag. With this, use the http-equiv attribute to provide an HTTP header for the value of the content attribute. The value of the content is the number of seconds; you want the page to redirect after.
Set the content attribute to 0, if you want the page to load the new URL immediately.
The following is an example of redirecting current page to another website after 3 seconds.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>HTML Meta Tag</title> <meta http-equiv = "refresh" content = "3; url = https://www.qries.com" /> </head> <body> <p>Redirecting to another URL</p> </body> </html>
- How to automatically redirect your visitors to your new home page?
- How to use window.location to redirect to a different URL?
- How to make a page redirect using jQuery?
- How to redirect from an HTML page?
- How to redirect to another webpage using jQuery?
- How to use Meta Tag to redirect an HTML page?
- How to redirect URL to the different website after few seconds?
- Smart Ways to Save a Web Page Forever!!
- How to add background music to your web page?