- Learn MySQL
- MySQL - Home
- MySQL - Introduction
- MySQL - Installation
- MySQL - Administration
- MySQL - PHP Syntax
- MySQL - Connection
- MySQL - Create Database
- MySQL - Drop Database
- MySQL - Select Database
- MySQL - Data Types
- MySQL - Create Tables
- MySQL - Drop Tables
- MySQL - Insert Query
- MySQL - Select Query
- MySQL - Where Clause
- MySQL - Update Query
- MySQL - Delete Query
- MySQL - Like Clause
- MySQL - Sorting Results
- MySQL - Using Join
- MySQL - NULL Values
- MySQL - Regexps
- MySQL - Transactions
- MySQL - Alter Command
- MySQL - Indexes
- MySQL - Temporary Tables
- MySQL - Clone Tables
- MySQL - Database Info
- MySQL - Using Sequences
- MySQL - Handling Duplicates
- MySQL - SQL Injection
- MySQL - Database Export
- MySQL - Database Import
How can we take a backup of multiple databases by using mysqldump client program?
By using mysql dump client program we can take the backup of multiple databases into a file having the extension ‘.sql’. It can be understood with the help of the following example −
In this example, with the help of mysql dump client program, we are taking the backup of two databases named ‘tutorials’ and ‘query1’ in a file named ‘tutorials_query1.sql’. The following command will do this −
C:\mysql\bin>mysqldump -u root --databases tutorials query1 > tutorials_query1.sql
The above command will create a file named tutorials_query1.sql which have the dump information of both the databases named tutorials and query1.
- Related Articles
- How can we take a backup of all the databases by using mysqldump client program?
- How can we take a backup of the single database by using mysqldump client program?
- How can we take a backup of a particular table from a database by using mysqldump client program?
- How can I restore multiple databases or all databases dumped by mysqldump?
- mysqldump - A MySQL Database Backup Program
- How to take the backup of environment variables using PowerShell?
- How can I restore a file created by mysqldump?
- How can I restore a database dumped by mysqldump?
- How to take MySQL database backup using MySQL Workbench?
- How can we create a MySQL view by using data from multiple tables?
- How can we upload data into multiple MySQL tables by using mysqlimport?
- How to take Backup in SAP system.
- How to take backup of a single table in a MySQL database?
- How to write a JDBC program to extract data from multiple databases?
- How can we display a list of currently existing MySQL databases on the server?