- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to take the backup of environment variables using PowerShell?
Sometimes changes in the Windows environment variable can be deadly because it saves information about user profiles, application information, and OS information. It is always better to keep the Environment backup handy and update that file whenever there are any changes or at the regular interval.
Taking up the environment variables backup is easy. To retrieve the environment variable list we can use the below command,
To store the environment variable, we can use the Out-File command with text file but if the particular environment variable length is larger enough then we can’t store it in the text file properly.Instead, we can use its specific Key and Value property and store it in the CSV file as shown below.
Get-ChildItem env: | Select Key,Value | Export-Csv C:\Temp\envvariables.csv - NoTypeInformation
The above command will store the Environment variables output to the CSV file at the C:\temp location and the file name would be envvariables.csv.
- Related Articles
- How to Set environment variables using PowerShell?
- How to take MySQL database backup using MySQL Workbench?
- How to get environment variable value using PowerShell?
- How to take Backup in SAP system.
- How can we take a backup of the single database by using mysqldump client program?
- How can we take a backup of all the databases by using mysqldump client program?
- How can we take a backup of multiple databases by using mysqldump client program?
- How to Use Environment Variables in Postman?
- How to take backup of a single table in a MySQL database?
- Python Environment Variables
- MySQL Environment Variables
- C program to print environment variables
- Perl CGI Environment Variables
- How do I pass environment variables to Docker containers?
- How can we take a backup of a particular table from a database by using mysqldump client program?