- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Write the difference between accounting profit and economic profit.
The major differences between accounting profit and economic profit are as follows −
It gives true financial health of a company.
It tells about profitability of the company.
No special terms are needed here.
It is more practical than economic profit.
It’s a short term phenomenon.
It is determined by GAAP.
It is used for income tax and financial performance.
It has single entity/accounting period view.
The formula to calculate accounting profit is as follows &minus accounting profit = total revenue – expenses
It doesn’t give true financial health of a company.
It tells about effective allocation of resources.
It includes special terms such as residual value, inflation level changes etc.
It has less practical approach than accounting profit.
It is a long term phenomenon.
It is determined by economic principles.
It is used to determine market entry/stay/exist.
It has Marco market/whole project time line view.
The formula to calculate economic profit is as follows − economic profit = opportunity cost – implicit costs (economic profit is surplus)
- Differentiate between accounting profit and taxable profit
- Difference between EBIT and Gross Profit
- What is difference between profit and loss account and profit and loss appropriate account?
- Write the difference between cost accounting and management accounting.
- Differentiate between turnover and profit.
- What is the difference between "profit" and "cash flow from operations"?
- What is difference between profit and loss account and trading account?
- Compare economic cost and accounting cost.
- Write the differences between financial accounting and management accounting.
- Write about profit and loss(P/L) on financial statement.
- What is profit ?
- Average Profit Method
- Profit and loss Problems using C
- Program to find maximum profit we can make by holding and selling profit in Python
- What are the difference between accounting and auditing?