- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why is the distance between stars expressed in light years? What do you understand by the statement that a star is eight light years away from the Earth?
We have to explain the reason for expressing the distance between stars in light years. Additionally, we have to explain the statement: "A star is eight light years away from the Earth"
Let us know what is "light-year" is and the reason for expressing the distance between stars in light-years.
Light-year is the unit of distance. One light-year is equal to the distance traveled by a light ray in one year.
Light-year is used to express large distances:
The distance between stars and the Earth is very large and it is not easy to express such large distances in kilometers. Thus, this type of large distance is expressed in a unit known as the light year.
"A star is eight light years away from the Earth":
If it is said that a star is eight light-years away from Earth, it means that the light from the star will reach the Earth in eight years.
- How do you imagine world after 100 years?
- What do you understand by Black Death?
- Explain what is meant by a 'Levitating Light Bulb'?
- What do you understand by jQuery Traversing Siblings?
- Where do you like to see yourself after five years from now?
- Java Program to calculate distance light travels
- Light Transmission
- What are the Basic Principles of Light Control?
- What is the performance of ethernet and token ring under light traffic load?
- What is Light Based Key Distribution System and how is it useful?
- What Is a Firewall and Why Do You Need One?
- What are the Sources of Natural and Artificial Light?
- Methods to Calculate the Illumination of Light
- Can you recommend a free light-weight MySQL GUI for Linux?
- Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs)
- Why is it not good practice to use date values with two-digits years in MySQL?