- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Who built the golden temple and what are some interesting facts about it?
The golden temple which is also called "Darbar Sahib” or “Harmandar Sahib", and is one of the oldest worship places for the Indian Sikh community. It is located in Amritsar, Punjab. It is one of the prominent heritage sites in India.
This temple was built by fifth Sikh Guru, Guru Arjan in 1588. Here are some of the interesting facts about the Golden temple.
The entire temple is made up of marble but plated with real Gold. In the 19th century, 100 kg of gold was applied to the inverted lotus-shaped dome and decorative marble was added to the structure.
The temple is surrounded by a man-made lake, Amrit Sarovar and you have to walk on the bridge over water to reach the temple. This lake has exotic fish and water is always very clear so that you can see the fish. It is a beautiful sight.
This temple can be entered from all the four sides.
Every day 1,00,000 people are offered food as Langar and amazingly, all the food served are donations from faithful, and the food is made by devotees and temple volunteers.
- Related Articles
- What are some interesting facts about space?
- What are some interesting facts about humans?
- What are some surprising facts about the Jagannath Temple in Puri?
- What are the interesting facts about Computer Viruses?
- What are the interesting facts about the Nobel Prize?
- Interesting Facts about Java
- Interesting facts about JSON
- What are some interesting facts about World War 1 that aren't widely known?
- Interesting Facts about C Programming
- Interesting facts about strings in Python
- Interesting facts about null in Java
- What are some unknown facts about our body?
- Interesting facts about Array assignment in Java
- Interesting facts about Increment and Decrement operators in Java
- What are some unknown facts about APJ Abdul Kalam?