- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
When we press the bulb of a dropper with its nozzle kept in water, the air in the dropper is seen to escape in the form of bubbles. Once we release the pressure on the bulb, water gets filled in the dropper. The rise of water in the dropper is due to:
$(a)$. pressure of water.
$(b)$. gravity of the earth.
$(c)$. shape of rubber bulb.
$(d)$. atmospheric pressure.
$(d)$. atmospheric pressure
When the bulb of a dropper is pressed and released, the following effects are noted:
When the bulb is pressed:
When we press the bulb of a dropper with its nozzle kept in water, the air in the dropper is seen to escape in the form of bubbles. Once the air is released from the dropper, the air pressure inside the dropper gets decreased.
When the bulb is released:
When we release the pressure on the bulb of the dropper, water gets filled in the dropper.
Reason for the rise of water in the dropper:
On releasing the bulb of the dropper, there is a rise of water inside the dropper. This is because of the air pressure difference in the dropper as the water passes from the higher pressure to the lower pressure.
Thus, the rise of water in the dropper is due to atmospheric pressure.
Therefore, Option $(d)$ is correct.
- How can we discard a MySQL statement in the middle of its processing?
- What is the advantage of CONCAT_WS() function over CONCAT() function when we want to concatenate the values from the column and any of the columns have NULL as its value?
- Why do our eyes water when we cut onions?
- How can we overcome the property of CONCAT() function that it returns NULL if any one of the argument is NULL, especially when we want to concatenate the values from the column and any of the columns have NULL as its value?
- Set where to send the form-data when a form is submitted in HTML?
- When can we use the pack() method in Java?
- When can we use the getClass() method in Java?
- When do we say the schedule is conflict equivalent(DBMS)?
- Why do the packets of chips are filled with air?
- How to specify where to send the form-data when a form is submitted in HTML?
- Change the color of links when we bring a mouse pointer over that line with CSS
- Reduce the fraction to its lowest form in C++
- What happens with the trigger when we will drop the table having that trigger?
- What will happen when we try to override final method of the superclass in Java?
- Find the count of palindromic sub-string of a string in its sorted form in Python