- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What will be the result if there is a timestamp mismatch in the DBRM and Load module?
When the COBOL-DB2 source code is given as an input in the pre-compilation stage, we get 2 important components — DBRM and modified source code.
In modified source code, the SQL statements are replaced by COBOL calls and the DBRM contains all the SQL statements which are present in the COBOL-DB2 program. The pre-compiler inserts the timestamp in both DBRM and modified source code.
In case of DBRM bind directly to the plan, the system compares the timestamp of the DBRM and load module when the COBOL-DB2 program is executed. In case there is a mismatch in the timestamp the JCL step calling that program will fail with the SQL error code -818.
In case of DBRM-package-plan combination, the system will compare the timestamp of the package (which is copied from DBRM) and load module. In case there is a mismatch in the timestamp then also the JCL step calling that program will fail with the SQL error code -818.
The timestamp comparisons take place to ensure that the correct versions and combination of load module/package/DBRM are picked up for the processing. As per the IBM documentation -818 SQL error code states that
“THE PRECOMPILER-GENERATED TIMESTAMP x IN THE LOAD MODULE IS DIFFERENT FROM THE BIND TIMESTAMP y BUILT FROM THE DBRM z”.
- What will be the result if SQLCA is not included in a COBOL-DB2 program?
- What will be the result if DCLGEN is given with COPY statement and not INCLUDE?
- How will the COBOL-DB2 program behave when there is a mismatch between the host variable and number of columns in the SELECT statement?
- What will happen if there will be no cone cells in our retina?
- What will it happen if stomata would not be there on the leaves?
- What will be the result when adding a positive integer to a negative integer?
- In a transaction, if there is neither loss nor gain, then the selling price will be equal to_____.
- What will happen if there are no platelets in the blood?
- Returning a value even if there is no result in a MySQL query?
- If acceleration is constant then what will be the velocity and speed of the object?
- What will be the median, if the number of data is even?
- If the speed of a body is halved, what will be the change in its kinetic energy?
- What will be the exterior angle of a polygon if the interior angle is 80 degrees?
- What would be the result on concatenating server_id and UUID in MySQL?
- If the angle of incidence is 45° then what will be the angle of refraction?