- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What will be the result if there is a timestamp mismatch in the DBRM and Load module?
When the COBOL-DB2 source code is given as an input in the pre-compilation stage, we get 2 important components — DBRM and modified source code.
In modified source code, the SQL statements are replaced by COBOL calls and the DBRM contains all the SQL statements which are present in the COBOL-DB2 program. The pre-compiler inserts the timestamp in both DBRM and modified source code.
In case of DBRM bind directly to the plan, the system compares the timestamp of the DBRM and load module when the COBOL-DB2 program is executed. In case there is a mismatch in the timestamp the JCL step calling that program will fail with the SQL error code -818.
In case of DBRM-package-plan combination, the system will compare the timestamp of the package (which is copied from DBRM) and load module. In case there is a mismatch in the timestamp then also the JCL step calling that program will fail with the SQL error code -818.
The timestamp comparisons take place to ensure that the correct versions and combination of load module/package/DBRM are picked up for the processing. As per the IBM documentation -818 SQL error code states that
“THE PRECOMPILER-GENERATED TIMESTAMP x IN THE LOAD MODULE IS DIFFERENT FROM THE BIND TIMESTAMP y BUILT FROM THE DBRM z”.
- What will be the result if DCLGEN is given with COPY statement and not INCLUDE?
- What will be the result if SQLCA is not included in a COBOL-DB2 program?
- How will the COBOL-DB2 program behave when there is a mismatch between the host variable and number of columns in the SELECT statement?
- Returning a value even if there is no result in a MySQL query?
- Will there be an end to terrorism ever?
- If Google and Yahoo merged, what do you think will be the name of the new company?
- What is a ClassCastException and when it will be thrown in Java?
- How will be the world if currency(money) is removed from our lives?
- How to find out the PLANS which will be impacted if a index is dropped?
- What will be the consequences if you hide some secrets from your parents?
- What would be the result on concatenating server_id and UUID in MySQL?
- What is the difference between a python module and a python package?
- What will you do if you find a girl being teased by a policeman and you are alone there?
- What is the equivalent of a VB module in C#?