- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What's the difference between Matplotlib.pyplot and Matplotlib.figure?
The matplotlib.pyplot is a collection of functions that make matplotlib work like MATLAB. Each pyplot function makes some change to a figure: e.g., creates a figure, creates a plotting area in a figure, plots some lines in a plotting area, decorates the plot with labels, etc.
In matplotlib.pyplot, various states are preserved across function calls, so that it keeps track of things like the current figure and plotting area, and the plotting functions are directed to the current axes
The figure keeps track of all the child Axes, a smattering of 'special' artists (titles, figure legends,etc), and the canvas. A figure can contain any number of Axes, but will typically have at least one.
from matplotlib import pyplot as plt plt.rcParams["figure.figsize"] = [7.50, 3.50] plt.rcParams["figure.autolayout"] = True fig = plt.figure("I am figure window") plt.show()
- How can I attach a pyplot function to a figure instance? (Matplotlib)
- Change figure size and figure format in Matplotlib
- What is the difference between drawing plots using plot, axes or figure in matplotlib?
- What is the difference between importing matplotlib and matplotlib.pyplot?
- What is the difference between plt.close() and plt.clf() in Matplotlib?
- How can I set the background color on specific areas of a Pyplot figure using Matplotlib?
- How is the Pyplot histogram bins interpreted? (Matplotlib)
- What is the difference between plt.show and cv2.imshow in Matplotlib?
- Matplotlib – Difference between plt.subplots() and plt.figure()
- How do you get the current figure number in Python's Matplotlib?
- How to zoom subplots together in Matplotlib/Pyplot?
- How to set the current figure in Matplotlib?
- How do I close all the open pyplot windows (Matplotlib)?
- How to position and align a Matplotlib figure legend?
- What is the preferred way to set Matplotlib figure/axes properties?
- How to set the margins of a Matplotlib figure?