- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is WAN accelerator?
A wide area network accelerator (WAN accelerator) is a hardware component, a software, or an appliance executing in a virtualized environment that provides caching and optimization of WAN services. A WAN accelerator is also called a WAN optimizer or application accelerator.
A WAN accelerator provides services to speed up information flow between the end users for imparting better network experience. Its target is to reduce the data volume to be transmitted. So, it compresses data and uses data deduplication techniques. The accelerator caches duplicate data and sends references of them when they are needed multiple times instead of resending the entire data repeatedly.
Deployment of WAN accelerators
For enabling WAN accelerator technologies, WAN accelerators needs to be deployed at each end of the communicating parties close to their backup repositories. The source WAN accelerator stores data along with control information for global deduplication. The destination WAN accelerator stores global cache data. The setup is as follows:
- What is WAN in Information Security?
- What is SD-WAN and its working condition?
- What is the difference between CAN and WAN?
- What are WAN network technologies?
- What is WAN (Wide Area Network) in Computer Network?
- What is the difference between LAN, MAN, and WAN
- Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Difference between LAN and WAN
- Difference between MAN and WAN
- Difference between WAN and a WWAN
- Difference between LAN, MAN and WAN
- Explain the functions of WAN in Computer Network
- What is Java API and what is its use?
- What is DatabaseMetaData in JDBC? What is its significance?
- What is ResultSetMetaData in JDBC? What is its significance?