- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Radiowave Transmission?
Radio waves have frequencies between 10 kHz and 1 gigahertz. The range of electromagnetic spectrum between 10 kHz and 1 GHz is known as radiofrequency (RF).
Radio waves are omnidirectional. When an antenna sends radio waves, they are propagated in all directions. This defines that the sending and receiving antennas do not have to be aligned.
A sending antenna sends waves that any receiving antenna can receive. It is based on the wavelength, strength, and purpose of transmission. There are various types of antennas, as display in the figure.
Radio waves are those waves that propagate in the sky mode, can travel long distances. Radio waves are those of low and medium frequencies, can penetrate walls. Thus an AM radio can receive signals inside a building also.
Radio waves are effortless to generate, and they can travel a long distance. Due to these reasons, they are broadly used for indoor and outdoor communications. These are the waves through which your walky-talky sets and radio operates.
Features of Radio Transmission
- It can easy to generate
- It can traverse long distances.
- It is Omni-directional.
- It can pass through constructing quickly, so they find considerable use in communication both indoor and outdoor.
Advantages of Radio Transmission
Following are the advantages of radio transmission −
- Radio waves offers mobility at a lower price.
- It has a very low setup price as it does not need digging and laying the cables.
- Radio waves can transit long distances.
- Radio waves can penetrate well, therefore we can also receive signals within a building.
- No land acquisition right is required.
- It provides ease of transmission in complicated geographical conditions.
Disadvantages of Radio Transmission
Following are the disadvantages of radio transmission −
- It is uncertain and simple to tap communication.
- It gets effected by weather effects like rains, thunderstorms etc.
- What is infrared transmission?
- What is Transmission media?
- What is Microwaves Transmission?
- What is Serial Transmission?
- What is Asynchronous Transmission?
- What is Parallel Transmission in Computer Network?
- What is baseband transmission in computer networks?
- What is pass band transmission in Computer networks?
- What is Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) in Computer Network?
- What is simplex mode of transmission in computer networks?
- What is the Corona Effect in Overhead Transmission Lines?
- What are transmission and propagation delay?
- Baseband Transmission
- Passband Transmission
- Wireless Transmission