- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is difference between cash flow statement and balance sheet?
The major differences between cash flow statement and balance sheet are as follows −
Cash flow statements
It is also called a statement of cash flows.
It is calculated for short periods (quarterly).
International accounting standards 7 (IAS 7).
Money coming into the business is termed as cash inflow.
Money going out from the business is termed as cash outflow.
Money from operations, investments, and other financial activities.
It is used by Short term investors.
It is classified into three parts.
Budgeting and forecasting.
It is prepared using a Profit and loss account and balance sheet.
It is a statement of financial position.
It is calculated yearly.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principle (GAAP), Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB).
Money coming into the business is termed as assets and ownership.
Money going out from the business is termed as liabilities.
Money from assets and liabilities.
It is classified into two parts.
It refers to the financial position of the firm.
It is prepared from the Profit and loss account.
- What is difference between fund flow statement and balance sheet?
- What is difference between cash flow statement and fund flow statement?
- What is difference between balance sheet and income statement?
- Difference Between Cash Flow Statement and Funds Flow Statement
- What is difference between consolidate balance sheet and balance sheet?
- What is difference between trail balance and balance sheet?
- Prepare cash flow statement for the following Balance sheet as on 31st March
- Differentiate between cash flow and free cash flow.
- Distinguish between trial balance and balance sheet
- What is difference between cash account and cash book?
- What is Free Cash Flow?
- What is difference between trail balance and adjusted trail balance?
- What is the difference between "profit" and "cash flow from operations"?
- What is a cash flow hedge?
- What is Capital Cash Flow method?