- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Copy-item in PowerShell used for?
Copy-Item in PowerShell cmdlet is used for copying items from one location to another location in the same namespace. Here, the namespace meaning, you can copy items from files to the different folders but cannot files to the registry or the certificate store.
This cmdlet doesn’t delete or cut the item from the source location instead, it copies the item to the destination folder with the same name or the different name.
Copy-Item Syntax with parameters in PowerShell is as below.
Copy-Item [-Path] <String> [-LiteralPath] <String> [[-Destination] <String>] [-Container] [-Force] [-Filter <String>] [-Include <String>] [-Exclude <String>] [-Recurse] [-PassThru] [-Credential <PSCredential>] [-WhatIf] [-Confirm] [-FromSession <PSSession>] [-ToSession <PSSession>] [<CommonParameters>]
Copy-Item cmdlet aliases are copy and cp.
- How to copy multiple files in PowerShell using Copy-Item?
- What is Get-Content in PowerShell used for?
- How to Copy NTFS permissions using PowerShell?
- What is formic acid used for?
- What is Python primarily used for?
- How to copy folder contents in PowerShell with –Recurse parameter?
- How to copy files with the specific extension in PowerShell?
- What is MySQL TRUNCATE command used for?
- What is MySQL DROP command used for?
- What is MySQL DELETE command used for?
- What is the Nali breed used for?
- Blockchain Applications: What Is Blockchain Used For?
- How to copy readonly and hidden files/folders in the PowerShell?
- What is an array and what is it used for?
- What is the difference between shallow copy and deep copy in Java?