- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is MySQL DELETE command used for?
MySQL DELETE command is used to delete the row/s from a table. It is used with WHERE clause.
DELETE From Table_name WHERE Condition;
In the example below, we have deleted the rows from table ‘employee’ where id >=100.
mysql> select * from employee; +------+--------+ | Id | name | +------+--------+ | 100 | Ram | | 200 | Gaurav | | 300 | MOHAN | +------+--------+ 3 rows in set (0.00 sec) mysql> delete from employee where id >=100; Query OK, 3 rows affected (0.06 sec) mysql> select * from employee; Empty set (0.00 sec)
- What is MySQL TRUNCATE command used for?
- What is MySQL DROP command used for?
- What is the difference between MySQL TRUNCATE and DELETE command?
- Which PHP function is used to delete an existing MySQL table?
- MySQL command line client for Windows?
- MySQL command for display current configuration variables?
- MySQL command for displaying current configuration variables?
- What is the command used to register gecko driver in Selenium?
- Command Options for Connecting to the MySQL Server
- MySQL BIT_LENGTH() function is used for which purpose?
- For timestamp, which datatype is used in MySQL?
- MySQL command-line tool: How to find out number of rows affected by a DELETE?
- What is MySQL CREATE command? How can we create both database and table with this command?
- Explain the use of delete command in DBMS