- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is MySQL DROP command used for?
As the name explains, it is used to completely remove the table from the database.
Drop table table_name;
mysql> Drop table Student; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.09 sec)
The query above completely removes the ‘Student’ table from the database. We can observe as MySQL returns an error message after running the following query −
mysql> Select * from Student; ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'query.student' doesn't exist
- What is MySQL TRUNCATE command used for?
- What is MySQL DELETE command used for?
- What is the significant difference between MySQL TRUNCATE and DROP command?
- What is the command used to register gecko driver in Selenium?
- MySQL BIT_LENGTH() function is used for which purpose?
- For timestamp, which datatype is used in MySQL?
- MySQL command line client for Windows?
- What is an array and what is it used for?
- Which MySQL data type is used for long decimal?
- What is Copy-item in PowerShell used for?
- What is Get-Content in PowerShell used for?
- MySQL command for display current configuration variables?
- MySQL command for displaying current configuration variables?
- What is an array and how is it used for?
- What is the difference between MySQL TRUNCATE and DELETE command?