- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is a use of DSNTIAR? How will you implement it in a COBOLDB2 program?
We use fields of SQLCA to enquire about the status of the most recently executed SQL query. The SQLCODE is one such field which can take the various values and each value indicates specific error code. For example, -180 error code represents incorrect timestamp format. However, in the logs we only get the error code and every time we have to refer to the IBM documentation to check the description of the error code.
To overcome this problem, we use DSNTIAR. The DSNTIAR is an inbuilt utility which is provided by IBM to be used in a COBOL-DB2 program.This utility displays the error code and its description in the logs in a well formatted manner, which saves time. The DSNTIAR utility can be called using SQLCA as below.
CALL ‘DSNTIAR’ USING SQLCA, ERROR-MESSAGE
The DSNTIAR utility populates the error description in the ERROR-MESSAGE variable.
- What is -551 error code in DB2? How will you resolve it?
- What is the purpose and usage of SCROLLABLE CURSOR in COBOLDB2 program?
- What is STORED PROCEDURE in a DB2? How will you create a new stored procedure?
- What is a ClassCastException and when it will be thrown in Java?
- What you will do if find a big treasure?
- How you will create your first program in Python?
- What is a break statement in Java and how to use it?
- What is a continue statement in Java and how to use it?
- What is SQL injection? How can you prevent it?
- What Is Doxing and How Can You Prevent It?
- What is Bloatware and how can you remove it?
- How will you detect the condition of the end of cursor rows in a COBOL-DB2 program?
- What qualities you will search in a person while making him a friend?
- What is a history of Java? How is it originated?