- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
You are given an iron strip. How will you make it into a magnet?
We can turn magnetic materials like iron, nickel, and cobalt into a magnet. This process is called magnetization. Only magnetic materials can be turned into a magnet. Non-magnetic materials can't be turned into a magnet.
Turning an iron strip into a magnet:
An iron stip is a magnetic material. So it can be turned into a magnet. Let us follow these steps to turn an iron strip into a magnet:
- Let us take a bar magnet and place one of its poles with one end of the iron strip.
- Move the bar magnet along the length of the iron bar from one end to another end without lifting the bar magnet.
- On repeating this process about 30-40 times, the iron strip will be made into a magnet.
Testing magnetized iron strips:
Therefore, the iron bar turns into a permanent magnet by following the above-given steps. This newly obtained magnet can be tested by placing some iron filings near it. It is observed that iron filings are attracted to this magnetized iron strip.
- Related Articles
- How will you find out a magnet when two identical bars are given?
- You are given the magnetic field pattern of a magnet. How will you find out from it where the magnetic field is the strongest?
- How will you separate iron pins from sand?
- You are given a solution of iron sulphate. Which of the following do you think cannot displace iron from iron sulphate?magnesiumcalciumcopperzinc
- You are given a mixture of water, groundnut oil, and common salt. How will you separate groundnut oil and common salt from it?
- You are given a transparent glass sheet. Suggest any two ways to make it translucent without breaking it.
- How will you separate a mixture of iron filings and powdered carbon?
- You are given three mirrors of different types. How will you identify each one of them?
- You are given with copper wire and a string, how will you determine which one is a conductor of electricity?
- How will you Convert MATLAB Code into Python Code?
- You are given three substances A, B and C. How will you find out which of them as a combustible material?
- You are provided with a mixture of oil & water. How will you separate them ? Draw the diagram involved in it.
- How will you separate a mixture of iron filings, chalk powder and common salt?
- How do you make an array in Python?
- You are given two liquids, one a solution and the other a compound. How will you distinguish the solution from the compound ?