- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is -551 error code in DB2? How will you resolve it?
When we get -551 in the SQLCODE then there is some privilege level issue. It signifies that the user does not have access to the database/tablespace/view/table that he is trying to access. As per the IBM documentation -551 SQLCODE states that.
-551 auth-id DOES NOT HAVE THE PRIVILEGE TO PERFORM OPERATION operation ON OBJECT object-name
There are DCL (Data control language) statements which are used by DBAs in order to control the access on DB2 objects. We can raise a request with DBA to provide access to the particular object for which user is getting -551 SQLCODE.
Following DCL statement will give access to user id Z5564 to execute PLAN ORDERPLAN:
GRANT EXECUTE ON PLAN ORDERPLAN TO Z5564
In a practical scenario, the access on DB2 objects such as PLAN, TABLES, VIEWS, etc., is given at RACF level rather than at user level. RACF stands for Resource Access Control Facility which is a Z/OS security management product used for providing access control and auditing purposes.
The RACF contains its own database having different RACF groups. Each user in the mainframe will be assigned to a RACF group.
For example, there are 3 departments in an organization: SALES, MARKETING, WARRANTY. So, 3 RACF groups can be created for each department and each RACF group has employee user ids for respective employees. The access to DB2 can be given based on RACF groups. So the SALES group can have access to ORDERS, TRANSACTIONS table. The MARKETING group can have access to DEALERS and INCENTIVE table and WARRANTY group can have access to PRODUCTS and VENDORS table.
If the user from one RACF group will try to access the table assigned for a different group, then the user will get -551 DB2 error code.
- Resolve MySQL ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your syntax?
- What is STORED PROCEDURE in a DB2? How will you create a new stored procedure?
- What is a use of DSNTIAR? How will you implement it in a COBOLDB2 program?
- Error 1046 No database Selected, how to resolve?
- What is Code Injection? (How it Works, How to Prevent)
- How will you keep the CURSOR open after firing COMMIT in a COBOL-DB2 program?
- How will you extract multiple rows from a DB2 table in a single FETCH call?
- What is SQL injection? How can you prevent it?
- What Is Doxing and How Can You Prevent It?
- What is Bloatware and how can you remove it?
- How will you find out all the indexes which are built in a particular DB2 table?
- What is something that people will find surprising about you?
- What is the purpose of OPTIMIZE FOR ROWS in DB2 SQLs? How is it useful?
- What is Information Fatigue Syndrome? How does it affect you?