- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is a response object in JSP?
The response object is an instance of a javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse object. Just as the server creates the request object, it also creates an object to represent the response to the client.
The response object also defines the interfaces that deal with creating new HTTP headers. Through this object, the JSP programmer can add new cookies or date stamps, HTTP status codes etc.
The response object methods can be used to set HTTP response header in your servlet program. This object represents the server response.
Following example would use setIntHeader() method to set Refresh header to simulate a digital clock −
<%@ page import = "java.io.*,java.util.*" %> <html> <head> <title>Auto Refresh Header Example</title> </head> <body> <center> <h2>Auto Refresh Header Example</h2> <% // Set refresh, autoload time as 5 seconds response.setIntHeader("Refresh", 5); // Get current time Calendar calendar = new GregorianCalendar(); String am_pm; int hour = calendar.get(Calendar.HOUR); int minute = calendar.get(Calendar.MINUTE); int second = calendar.get(Calendar.SECOND); if(calendar.get(Calendar.AM_PM) == 0) am_pm = "AM"; else am_pm = "PM"; String CT = hour+":"+ minute +":"+ second +" "+ am_pm; out.println("Current Time is: " + CT + "\n"); %> </center> </body> </html>
Auto Refresh Header Example
Current Time is: 9:44:50 PM
- What is a request object in JSP?
- What is a config Object in JSP?
- What is a pageContext Object in JSP?
- What is a page object in JSP?
- What is the session Object in JSP?
- What is an application Object in JSP?
- What is the out implicit object in JSP?
- What is an exception Object in JSP? What type of exceptions can occur in a JSP page?
- What is Response Time Testing?
- What is the Response Time Testing?
- What is a page directive in JSP?
- What is a buffer attribute in JSP?
- What is a include directive in JSP?
- What is a taglib directive in JSP?
- What is the use of page object in JSP? Need an example.